LAUREN GARDNER, Chief Operating Officer
1. Google searches often make me appear much smarter than I really am.
2. Google Maps has saved me significant money on gas since I’m not out lost on the roads.
3. Google Reader is so user-friendly that this blogging novice is actually starting to get the hang of it.
4. Any company that has a tradition of April Fools pranks is a good company in my book.
5. And, most recently, I’m a fan because Google cares about non-profits. Last year the Emily K Center applied and received a Google Grant which allows us to access their Adwords program as well as use Google Checkout to process our on-line donations without a fee. They just informed us that they are extending this trial run for another year. Now that might sound like no big deal, but for us it means significant money every year that goes to helping our kids instead of paying credit card companies. It means that every dollar donated actually makes it here (instead of the 4.5% or so that would normally go to the credit card company). Google’s a company that’s serious about helping non-profits and has found a way to do it that uses its strengths and strengthens its brand.
Any other Google fans agree with me on this one? Do you have any other reason to add to my list?
January 22, 2009 at 10:41 am | Our Team | No comment